Money Mindset

Money Mindset discusses the experiences and opinions of a middle-aged professional on the topic of money, including: financial planners, investment experiences, part-time income sources, real estate investment and private sales, web site income opportunities, changing professions, home office organization, money education for kids, and many other subjects I have experienced first hand or even just thought about.

Saturday, March 25, 2006

Mind Over Money... Which is Worth More?

I believe it doesn't matter how much money you have. How happy you are has more to do with you mindset regarding money than how much money you actually have at any given time.

As the gurus often remember, I think it was Henry Ford who, when someone asked him what he would do if he lost all his money, said something like, "I'd make it all back in 5 years."

However, I think there is a difference between having a healthy attitude toward creating wealth and believing you have a bottomless pit of money to throw around on "Doodads", as Kiyosaki calls them.

In fact, it seems to me that when it comes to money, the less you can live on, the happier you'd be, no matter what the circumstances.

(Note: I drafted this post a few weeks ago, before the post about Feast or Famine. Even though I'm now technically in the Famine phase, I feel like it's an opportunity to take actions that will benefit me both in making money and in saving money through good times and bad. )


... Scott

Labels: , ,